Fresh Express kicks off Fresh On the Go promotion
Fresh Express has kicked off the second annual Fresh On the Go promotion to celebrate its on-the-go-friendly products that help keep consumers fueled throughout the day.
Throughout the three-week promotion (Aug. 8-28), the Fresh Express website and social channels will spotlight on-the-go meal tips, recipes, and featured products, such as the Spinach Avocado Pear Smoothie and Apple Feta Spinach Salad made with Fresh Express Baby Spinach, the Sunflower Crisp Chopped Kit and a protein-packed snack of Apple Wedges, Cheddar Cheese and Crackers.
The promotion will also include a #FreshOnTheGo challenge. Whether at the office, in the car, at home, or in between errands, Fresh Express is inviting consumers to share a selfie with their favorite Fresh Express or Chiquita Bites product using hashtag #FreshOnTheGo for a chance to win a month’s worth of Fresh Express and Chiquita Bites coupons valued at more than $340. Winners will be selected on a weekly basis.
As consumers continue to look for easy ways to make well-rounded, convenient and budget-friendly meals, they also want reassurance that the food they are eating is of high quality and safe. To help shine a light on its commitment to delivering products that are consistently, deliciously, fresh, Fresh Express released three more videos in its Food Safety & Quality series:
- Chapter 3: To Your Table, featuring Fresh Express CEO John P. Olivo, highlights the rigorous traceability and reporting processes and best-in-class practices implemented over the past decade to deliver safe and fresh products, including source data, RFID tags and unique packaging information.
- Traceability: Where Salads Grow & Where They Go focuses on tracing Fresh Express food products and ingredients through all steps in the supply chain. Rodrigo Bersanetti, head of IT at Fresh Express, discusses the company’s four-step traceability process to track finished products and ensure safety.
- Fresh Express Salad Bowl Kits, with General Manager Daniel Marques, showcases technology and food safety for the innovative on-the-go meal solutions and single serve salad bowl kits produced at the Fresh Express facility in Morrow, GA, like the Santa Fe Style Gourmet Cafe Salads Salad Bowl.
Beyond product traceability and innovation, Fresh Express remains focused on sustainability, and has updated its website with information on sustainability practices and commitments, including reducing plastic usage, cutting emissions, and improving water conservation. Sustainability progress and initiatives include:
- Fuel conservation: for every 100 gallons of fuel conserved, Fresh Express keeps more than one ton of greenhouse gasses from entering the environment.
- Reducing emissions: in partnership with the EPA’s SmartWay initiative, Fresh Express has improved fuel efficiency and reduced food miles (the number of miles required to deliver products to stores) by 16 percent, or the equivalent to removing 200,000 cars from U.S. roads per year.
- Water conservation: Fresh Express is one of the packaged salad suppliers developing and leading standards for high-density planting practices, which are proven to increase yields, reduce growing costs and make more efficient use of land and water.