Bako Sweet unveils new sweet potato bag design
Country Sweet Produce’s Bako Sweet is unveiling its new three- and five-pound conventional and organic mesh sweet potato bags at the Global Produce and Floral Show this week.
The new design includes a variety of helpful visuals and tools for consumers, including:
- Sweet potato variety-specific information with photos and an explanation of the outside and inside color
- QR code that guides consumers to a recipe library featuring the products
- Recipe photos to inspire use and show easy ways to incorporate sweet potatoes
- Cooking instructions with various methods, including microwaving, baking, boiling and grilling
- American Heart Association’s Heart-Check Food Certification Program labeled on packaging to reinforce health benefits
- Recyclable No. 2 polyethylene packaging for sustainability
- UPC and pack date included on the bag artwork for ease at checkout
“We are really proud of this new packaging design and how much it will benefit our retail partners and consumers alike,” said Alexandra Rae Molumby, director of marketing for Bako Sweet. “We took the opportunity to create a design that not only included helpful information and inspiration for shoppers, but would better support our retail partners as a top selling item.”
Thanks to the purchase of its new GIRO machine, Bako Sweet will be able to double its efficiency output with these new bags. The brand also anticipates that the bags will create the perfect eye-catching display leading up to the holidays, which is the highest sales season annually for sweet potatoes.
The new three- and five-pound conventional and organic bags will launch in Sam’s Club by the end of this month, followed by other retailers later in the fall.
Be sure to check out the Fresh Ideas Showcase and visit booth No. 2480 this week to see the brand’s wide variety of sweet potatoes, including the new mesh bags.