Four Seasons names winners of Berry Bonanza retail display contest
Four Seasons Produce, based in Ephrata, PA, announced the winners of its Berry Bonanza retail display contest, held in conjunction with Driscoll’s.
The contest was available for Four Seasons’ independent retailer, natural food store and food co-op customers who purchased and displayed organic and/or conventional Driscoll’s berries through Four Seasons Produce. Entries were accepted from May 17 to June 14 and were required to have at least three different berry varieties in their displays, promoting the Berry Patch concept.
Brattleboro Food Coop in Brattleboro, VT, was the winner of the Best Overall Display, capturing the grand prize of $1,250. Other categories included Largest Display, Best Design and Best All Organic Display, with first, second and third place prizes awarded in each category.
“This display contest created excitement at store level with a category that produces high volume and tonnage,” said Jon Steffy, vice president and general manager of Four Seasons Produce. “Congratulations to all the stores that entered and to the winners!”
A list of the winning entries:
- Best Overall Display: Brattleboro Food Coop - Brattleboro, VT
- Largest Display:
- 1st—Henning’s Supermarket—Harleysville, PA
- 2nd—McCaffrey’s Market—West Windsor, NJ
- 3rd—Yoder’s Country Market—New Holland, PA
- Best Design:
- 1st—Weavers Farm Market—Morris, NY
- 2nd—Hudson Greene Market—Jersey City, NJ
- 3rd—Dawson’s Market—Rockville, MD
- Best All Organic Display:
- 1st—GreenStar Food Coop—Ithaca, NY
- 2nd—Leg Up Farm—York, PA
- 3rd—Sheepshead Bay Market—Brooklyn, NY