FPAA elects 2023 board members
The Fresh Produce Association of the Americas held its annual membership meeting earlier this month at the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort to talk about FPAA activities for the year, to talk about upcoming efforts and to hear about the efforts of the board and staff.
The meeting was held just prior to the start of the SouthWest International Produce Expo and the 54th Annual Golf Tournament. As part of the annual meeting, FPAA members elected new directors to the board.
FPAA Chairman Rod Sbragia of Crown Jewels Produce led the meeting and talked about the importance of member participation on the board and throughout the year in various FPAA meetings and events.
The FPAA is a membership organization, and the guidance of the board on behalf of all members is extremely valuable for the success of the organization.
The election results for the 2023 FPAA board members are as follows:
Distributor Board Members (re-elected for a two-year term):
- Juan Manuel Ibarra - Marengo Foods
- James Martin - Wilson Produce
- Guillermo Martinez - Frello Fresh
- Walter Ram – The Giumarra Companies
- Jose Luis Obregon – IPR Fresh
Newly Elected Distributor Board Members (two-year term):
- Rafael Roiz – TruFresh
- JC Myers - Sunfed
- Jorge Donnadieu – Fresh Farms
Associate Board Members (Newly elected for a one-year term):
- Jorge Ruiz of Agri-Packing
- Mary Paz of Robinson Fresh
- JJ Badillo of Fresh International (Re-elected as FPAA tomato division chairman)
- John Pandol of Pandol Bros. (Re-elected as FPAA grape division chairman)
- Chris Ciruli of Ciruli Bros. (Re-elected as FPAA mango division chairman)
The following members will continue to serve with one year remaining on their term:
- Gonzalo Avila of Malena Produce
- Enrique Gracia of Flavor King
- Demetrio Kyriakis of Nogales CHB
- Martin Ley of Shipley Sales
- Kyle McGrath of Tricar Sales
- Lesley Sykes of The Sykes Co.
- Scott Vandervoet of Vandervoet & Associates
The FPAA said it appreciates the retiring board members for their valuable contributions:
- - Omar Losolla of Seeded Produce
- - Juan Pablo Molina of Fresh Farms
- - Alex Suarez of Suarez Brokers
- - Mikee Suarez of MAS Melons & Grapes
- - Chuck Thomas of Thomas Produce