FPAA announces board members for upcoming term
TUBAC, AZ — The Fresh Produce Association of the Americas announced new and returning board members during its recent convention. Leonardo Tarriba began the second year of his two-year term as chairman while Chairman-Elect Rod Sbragia from Tricar Sales and Past Chair Scott Vandervoet from Vandervoet & Associates have one year remaining in their positions.
The following six distributors were re-elected to a two-year term for 2021-23:
- Raquel Espinoza of Produce House
- Juan Manuel Ibarra of Marengo Foods
- James Martin of Wilson Produce
- Juan Pablo Molina of Fresh Farms
- Walter Ram of The Giumarra Cos.
- Mikee Suarez of MAS Melons & Grapes
The following two distributors were newly elected for a two-year term for 2021-23:
- Omar Losolla of Seeded Produce
- Guillermo Martinez of Frello Fresh
Additionally, Chuck Thomas of Thomas Produce was re-elected to a one-year term for 2021-22, and Alejandro Suarez of Suarez Brokerage was newly elected for a one-year term for 2021-22. Jimmy Munguia of Del Campo Supreme was re-elected as chairman of the Tomato Division, and Chris Ciruli of Ciruli Brothers was re-elected as chairman of the Mango Division. Demetrio Kyriakis of K&K International Logistics continues as the FPAA Board Representative of the Nogales US Customs Brokers Association.
These following eight directors have one year remaining on their two-year terms:
- Bobby Astengo of Peppers Plus
- Gonzalo Avila of Malena Produce
- Martin Ley of Shipley Sales
- Matt Mandel of SunFed
- Jose Antonio Martinez of Divine Flavor
- Eric Meyer of Prime Time
- Bert Monteverde Jr. of H.M. Distributing
- Lesley Sykes of The Sykes Co.