“PBH is perfectly positioned to convene the multiple stakeholders necessary to take action toward truly shifting the way people feel and pursue their health and happiness through eating more fruits and vegetables,” said Bil Goldfield, director of corporate communications for Dole Food Co. and PBH chairman of the board. “Only then, will we be able to identify best practices and new opportunities that effectively improve fruit and vegetable consumption behaviors in a lasting and meaningful way.”
In addition to involving all sectors of the fruit and vegetable industry, among others, Lead The Change includes research, communications, and thought leadership platforms to ensure the Movement speaks with One Purpose, One Voice, and One Call-to-Action, including:
- One Purpose: PBH is leading best-in-class fruit and vegetable consumption research, also known as PBH’s State of the Plate Research on America’s Consumption of Fruits and Vegetables, as well as custom consumer behavioral studies, to identify and elevate new fruit and vegetable consumption behaviors as a national priority. The research will support the Movement’s overarching purpose of getting to the root of tackling the produce consumption crisis, informed by PBH’s KNOW-FEEL-DO behavioral framework.
- One Voice: PBH has begun convening a multi-sector coalition of influential stakeholders, thought leaders and academic experts as an innovation incubator-type forum to identify ideas and inspire solutions as well as activate the KNOW-FEEL-DO behavioral framework to help consumers act on fruit and vegetable consumption intentions. PBH will continue to leverage its Have A Plant® Movement, its extensive digital ecosystem and Fruit and Vegetable Ambassadors in Action (FVAA) to help consumers put these behaviors into action.
- One Call-to-Action: PBH, in partnership with coalition members, will convene multi-sector food system thought leaders at the first-ever national consumption summit, to magnify the fruit and vegetable consumption crisis; build sector-based solutions; and generate a unified call-to-action for lasting behavior change. The summit will take place in 2022, to showcase research insights and coalition member efforts.
The PBH Board of Trustees fully supports and expects others to rally around this future vision addressing the fruit and vegetable consumption crisis. PBH has already raised close to a quarter of one million dollars for research alone as part of the multi-million-dollar initiative. Industry leaders that have made commitments to the Lead The Change Movement thus far include:
- American Beverage Association
- California Avocado Commission
- California Walnut Board and Commission
- Chelan Fresh
- Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc.
- Dole Food Company, Inc.
- Duda Farm Fresh Foods, Inc.
- Florida Fruit and Vegetable Association
- Juice Products Association
- Kellogg Company
- Naturipe Farms, LLC
- Produce Marketing Association
- Seneca Foods Corporation
- Stemilt Growers, LLC
- Sunkist Growers, Inc.
- Sun-Maid Growers of California
- United Fresh Produce Association
- Ventura Foods/Marie’s
- The Wonderful Company