PBH board of trustees elects 2006 executive committee and officers
The board of trustees recognized the service of outgoing 2005 Chairman of the Board David Parker, director of marketing for Fruit Patch Sales in Dinuba, CA, who remains on the executive committee as immediate past chairman.
Mike O'Brien, vice president of produce for Schnuck Markets in St. Louis, was elected vice chairman, and Mark Munger of Andrew Williamson Sales Co. in Watsonville, CA, was elected secretary/treasurer.
Ray Gilmer, director of public affairs for the Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association in Maitland, FL, was elected chairman of the foundation's Consumer Marketing & Communications Committee. Gregg Storey, industry relations lead for Bayer CropScience in Research Triangle, NC, will assume chairmanship of the foundation's Development Committee.
In addition to officers and committee chairs, the following people were elected to serve as at-large members of PBH's Executive Committee:
* Sheila Cohn, nutrition coordinator with the National Restaurant Association in Washington, DC.
* Mary DeGroat, director of public relations for the California Strawberry Commission in Watsonville, CA.
* Terry Humfeld, vice president of member relations for the Produce Marketing Association in Newark, DE.
* Steve Junqueiro of Save Mart Supermarkets in Modesto, CA.
* Paul Klutes, director of brand sales for C.H. Robinson Worldwide in Groton, MA.
* Blair Richardson, president of the California Tree Fruit Agreement in Reedley, CA.
* Tom Stenzel, president of the United Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Association in Washington, DC.
Outgoing committee chairmen for 2005 were also recognized for their contribution.
* Past Retail Marketing Committee Chairman Tim Meissner, director of sales of River Ranch Fresh Foods LLC in Salinas, CA.
* Past Communications Committee Chairman Ray Gilmer of the Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association in Maitland, FL.
* Past Development Committee Chairman Neil Strong, head of industry relations for Syngenta in Moneta, VA.