Ecuador set to showcase its fresh produce offerings
The Trade Office of Ecuador in New York is exhibiting at the New York Produce Show Dec. 5-7. It will be hosting exporters at its booths to spotlight many of the country’s fresh categories as a part of Ecuador's commitment to investment and increasing U.S.-Ecuador trade.
“This expo that is based in the heart of Manhattan will definitely present our Ecuadorian produce exporters with business and networking prospects to certainly boost Ecuador’s trade with the United States, as well as increase market share,” said Juan Pablo Cuesta, trade commissioner for Ecuador’s Trade Office in New York.
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Foreign Agriculture Service, Ecuador ranks in the top 10 countries of significant volume of fresh fruits and preparations into the United States.
“Connecting international buyers directly with Ecuadorian producers opens up a variety of trade and investment opportunities. Ecuador’s booths will have an array of producers/exporters representing fresh tropical fruit, roots, herbs and cocoa,” said Cuesta.
The Trade Office of Ecuador in New York, Ecuadorian growers and exporters will be exhibiting booths 458, 460 and 462.
- Green Fruits offers red and yellow dragonfruit, granadilla, tree tomato, sweet cucumber and lulo fruit.
- Frutilami Group offers red and yellow dragonfruit, granadilla, tree tomato, sweet cucumber and cocoa.
- Granfruta Co. offers red and yellow dragonfruit, tree tomato, sweet cucumber and Haas avocado.
- El Dragon Farm offers Dragonfruit
- Pukuna Farms offers red and yellow dragonfruit, granadilla, sweet cucumber, horned melon, cocoa, cassava and malanga.
- Eqinoccio Vegetal offers aromatic herbs.
“Ecuador — natural resources, mild climates and diverse geography — serves as an exemplary location to grow and harvest extraordinary agricultural products,” said Cuesta.