Walmart hiring 10,000 more associates
Walmart is seeking to immediately hire 10,000 new associates as the business grows.
The hiring news follows a major $3.5 billion investment into all aspects of the business to generate significant growth and to make the online and in-store shopping experience simpler, faster and more convenient for Walmart's customers. The investment over the next five years will lead to the use of advanced technologies working alongside associates in a state-of the-art facility to move products as quickly as possible.
“Walmart is all about people. It’s our people who make Walmart special and who represent us with our customers in communities across the country,” said Horacio Barbeito, president and CEO of Walmart Canada. “Walmart is a place where you can make the most of your talent and skills and I’m eager to welcome these 10,000 new associates to the team.”
“Every Walmart store and warehouse across Canada is part of the local community. If you are looking for a way to serve your community, are customer oriented and want to work with a winning team, we want to hear from you – just text us,” said Nabeela Ixtabalan, executive vice president of people and corporate affairs. “Walmart is a great place to work and we’re very proud to be able to offer new jobs to Canadians in communities across the country.”
The new associates are needed for many important roles, such as:
- E-commerce Store Associate – who pick items for online orders and prepare these orders for pickup and delivery to our customers
- Fresh Food Associate – work in bakery, meat, produce, and dairy/frozen, take pride in sending our customers home with delicious food
- Merchandising Associate – stock and merchandise products in the most attractive, easy-to-find manner so customers can find what they need right when they need it
- Customer Experience Associate – our cashiers, greeters and customer service desk associates ensure customers have a great shopping experience
- Warehouse Associate – pick and receive orders and prepare products for shipment to our stores and customers nationwide
- Drivers – deliver our products safely and on time, every time to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations