PBH arms produce industry with innovative resources
The Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) is looking ahead to September to ensure its third annual National Fruits & Veggies Month celebration is poised for success. Last year, PBH unveiled its dynamic online National Fruits and Veggies Month Toolkit, filled with turn-key resources industry partners and produce pros can use to help spread the Have A Plant® Movement and elevate fruit and vegetable consumption to a national priority. This year, PBH is thrilled to unveil the 2021 version of the toolkit, so all can take part in the month-long celebration of everyone’s favorite and flavorful plants – fruits and veggies!
To commemorate National Fruits & Veggies Month this year, PBH is taking the Have A Plant® Movement for a trip around the globe, in honor of the United Nations General Assembly designating 2021 the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables. Four unique content themes will be highlighted throughout the month via the PBH digital ecosystem, to help generate excitement for fruits and veggies in every culture and get all seven continents singing the #haveaplant tune. From the incredible efforts of U.S. farmers and the produce supply chain to bring fruits and vegetables to people across the country, to the uniquely inspired ways we enjoy fruits and vegetables to improve our health and happiness, in sustainable, waste-reducing ways, PBH is honored to serve as a partner in this global effort.
“September is a pivotal moment to raise awareness of the benefits of eating more fruits and vegetables as part of diversified, balanced, and healthy habits, while also drawing attention to reducing loss and waste,” said Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak, MS, RDN, President and CEO, PBH. “The 2021 National Fruits & Veggies Month Toolkit makes it easy for all plant-passionate advocates to join PBH in celebrating the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables, with globally-inspired turnkey resources, compelling social content, visually appealing creative assets, new research and more. There is power in numbers, and together, we can take the Have A Plant® Movement worldwide and inspire millions of people to eat more fruits and veggies for healthier, happier lives.”
PBH’s National Fruits and Veggies Month Toolkit can be used to create compelling content to share and inspire change throughout September – and all year long. After all, fruits and veggies are always in season, so #haveaplant never goes out of style. Here’s an overview of what you’ll find in the toolkit:
- Easy and fun activation ideas to spread the fruit and veggie love tailored by audience (online, retail, culinary and foodservice);
- Novel research and consumer insights highlighting the 2020 PBH State of the Plate: Americans Fruit & Vegetable Consumption Trends report;
- Expertly-curated social media posts and images for industry, influencers and consumers to post and share on their social media channels;
- Sample press release for collaborators to add their logo and express their support for National Fruits & Veggies Month to help consumers eat and enjoy more fruits and vegetables more often;
- Turn-key editorial copy for use in newsletters, websites and other internal and external communications to seamlessly share the fruit and veggie love in your own way and your own voice;
- Segmented promotional ideas and opportunities for suppliers, retailers, community leaders and influencers.
Specifically, PBH along with its Have A Plant® Ambassadors will be rockin’ all month long to five key themes industry can leverage within their own social media and consumer education promotions:
- Fruit & Veggie Bowls Around The World
- Fruits & Veggies In Every Culture
- Root To Leaf: Cooking With The Whole Plant
- In The Ground, On A Vine, From A Tree
- Sing It With Me! – A Social Media Playlist
“Our members continue to emphasize the value of turn-key resources to aid in planning for National Fruits & Veggies Month,” said Katie Calligaro, Marketing & Communications Director of PBH. “The toolkit has become an essential asset to help raise awareness for the Have A Plant® Movement during this pivotal period while providing necessary tools and resources to improve public health on a global scale.”
PBH’s National Fruits & Veggies Month Toolkit is available FREE for download HERE.
For more information about how to get involved in National Fruits & Veggies Month, and how to customize your integrated September marketing plans with PBH, contact Katie Calligaro, Marketing & Communications Director of PBH.