IGA honors key retailers
The Independent Grocers Alliance announced nine members as its 2024 U.S. Retailers of the Year. These grocery store operators and their teams are driving progress in the independent grocery industry. Nominated by their wholesalers as the top retailers, IGA said they stand out among the premier establishments within the extensive network of 30,000 independent grocers in the U.S.
These awards are the highest honors IGA bestows upon its retailer members. They are presented annually to grocers who have best provided leadership and excellence in their communities.
The 2024 Retailers of the Year are:
- John and Chad Cropper | Crop's Fresh Marketplace | Bozzuto's Inc.
- Jim Floyd, Gainhart Samuelson and Bruce Westre | Hammer & Wikan | J.B. Gottstein
- Tim Forshee | Price Less IGA No. 484 | Houchens Food Group
- Judy Gabriele and Don Gabriele | Nemenz IGA | Laurel Grocery Co.
- Rob Hilleary | Pocahontas IGA | Merchant Distributors Inc.
- Debbie Jacques Malone | KJ's Market | W. Lee Flowers
- Dan Holt and Joe Lauria | Holt's IGA | Associated Wholesale Grocers Nashville Division
- Jeff Maurer and Kristie Maurer | Maurer's Market IGA | UNFI
- Ben Painter and Greg Wasley| SPD Markets | C&S Wholesale Grocers
"The 2024 Retailers of the Year showcase excellence across every dimension of a thriving community grocer, offering a diverse range of local and fresh products," said IGA CEO John Ross. "These outstanding retailers not only foster meaningful connections within their communities but also demonstrate exemplary leadership as employers, embodying the spirit of success in independent grocery enterprises."
Based on information gathered during IGA’s store visits, each IGA winner will receive additional recognition for their unique accomplishments such as innovations or community service on stage at the IGA Awards of Excellence Ceremony on March 11.