IFPA announces Retail Produce Manager Award winners
The International Fresh Produce Association announced the winners of the IFPA Retail Produce Manager Awards Program. The program, sponsored by Dole Food Co., recognizes retail produce managers who represent the industry to the consumer and work every day to increase sales and consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables. IFPA honored 25 of the industry’s top retail produce managers for this award.
“As the world emerges from the pandemic and new shopping habits have been created, it’s important that we realize neighborhood stores are still where produce is most often purchased; and companies that grow and market fresh products remain reliant and indebted to the produce managers that interact between us and the shopper,” said Johan Linden, chief operating officer of Dole Food Co. “Honoring these individuals with the Retail Produce Manager Award is an opportunity for Dole to acknowledge and thank them for their critical roles in landing produce in the shopping cart.”
The winners will be recognized at IFPA’s Global Produce & Floral Show where they will attend as VIPs, participating in the conference education and networking.
“Retail produce managers are some of the greatest ambassadors for our industry,” said Joe Watson, IFPA’s vice president of retail, foodservice and wholesale. “Through dedication to our industry, innovative merchandising and customer engagement, they have direct impact on growing consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables. Recognizing these leaders and sharing more about their incredible work strengthens our industry and helps us provide a vibrant future for all.”
The 2022 Winners of the IFPA Retail Produce Manager Award are:
- Tamra Barnes – Harps Food Store
- Joshua Combs – Food City
- Javier Contreras – Sendik’s Food Market
- Carmen Dipiazza Jr. – Price Chopper
- Morgan Dodge – Pilgrim’s Market
- Tyler Doggett – Corner Market
- Micah Fabrizio – Albertsons Safeway
- Clint Fraze – New Seasons Market
- Lisa Graner – Coborn’s Inc.
- Mitchell John Hamelin – Longo Brothers Fruit Markets
- David Heetderks – SpartanNash’s Forest Hills Foods
- Chris Jorgensen – Food Lion LLC
- Troy Kopriva – Hy-Vee Inc.
- Grant Naylor – Macey’s
- Mohamad Qadir – Harris-Teeter Super Markets
- Bridget Robin – Super One Foods
- Alex Samario – Gelson’s Markets
- Bob Smith – Mariano’s
- Rich Spader – Big Y Foods Inc.
- Douglas Storey – Tops Friendly Markets
- Michelle Tarwater – Fred Meyer Stores Inc.
- Donald Eugene Uttley – Mount Royal Market
- Dan Villone — Brookshire Grocery Co.
- Calvin Yednak – Jewel-Osco,
- William Yontz – The Giant Co.
“We congratulate the winners and look forward to celebrating them at the Global Produce & Floral Show in October,” said Watson.
Registration is open for the Global Produce & Floral Show, attendees can register and see more about the event on the website: https://www.freshproduce.com/events/the-global-produce-and-floral-show/